Looking for a circular saw? It’s one of the most powerful tools used in mid-to-largescale DIY projects.
Building projects, repair jobs, and even those DIY tasks that are a little more involved – all of them can be made a little easier by having a quality circular saw.
For those shopping for a saw of this type, it can seem a little overwhelming to browse through them all. Some brands have been a little more well-received than others, and even among individual brands, there are plenty of circular saw variations.
Which is best? There isn’t an out and out winner – but we can show off some of the more popular models on the market today, along with a specs list for each one.
Looking for a Circular Saw? Check Out These Options
When a person is looking for the best circular saw, it’s important to go over all the technical specs. Even if the unit looks great, comes from a popular brand, and has tons of stellar feedback, it all comes down to the features.
Here’s our list (in no particular order) of top circular saw options, along with the specs each one offers.
SKIL 5280-01 15-AMP w/ Beam Laser Guide
This sleek-looking saw from SKIL has a stylish red, black, and silver color scheme. While tools aren’t always created with the intent of making the flashiest appearance, it isn’t a bad thing when a saw looks the part. What does this unit offer in terms of its technical specs?
- Powerful Motor: The motor has 14-amps of power and delivers 5,300-RPMs for those tough jobs.
- Sturdy Blade: The blade is tipped in carbide and features a spindle lock for safe changing.
- Dust Blower: A handy feature like this keeps the cut area free of sawdust for more accuracy and better control.
What’s the final verdict for this circular saw? For the money, it’s one of the better options out there. It’s great for someone who is buying a circular saw and wants one of the best options for the low-to-mid price range. Shoppers on a budget or first-time buyers may want to consider this one. However, it could be good even for the longtime repairperson or DIY enthusiast.
TACKLIFE Classic 1500W w/ Laser
Another saw that looks the part, the aesthetics of this unit aren’t its only selling point. The exterior design also lends to the product’s durability, making it a winner in both categories. It’s another saw that’s in the low-to-mid tier of price ranges, so it’s great for budget shoppers and beginners anxious to try a circular saw for the first time.
- Powerful Dual-Blade Design: This model has 12.5 amps of power and a 1500W motor. The copper unit can produce up to 4,700 RPMs of cutting capability. There are also two blades, which makes the unit suitable for cutting everything from plywood to tiles to softer metals.
- Adjustable w/ Laser and Ruler Guide: This model is adjustable, and the unit can be adjusted quickly. This is helpful when you need to cut different materials of varying depths and angles. It also locks, so you never have to worry about the settings changing when you don’t want them to. There’s also a ruler and laser guide to help you cut straight.
- High-Quality Aluminum Guard: This model includes an aluminum guard to help improve durability and extend the life of the product.
This model is also equipped with features like a dust blower and a double-switch for easy control even while using it one-handed. With a warranty for 24-months, this unit is a safe buy for anyone who is unsure about investing in a circular saw.
DEWALT DWE575SB Lightweight Saw w/ Electric Brake
As the title says, this model is light. This is one of its biggest assets, and it’s great for those who find heavier tools difficult to use. It was in at only 8.8 pounds and is just over 7-inches long. This saw is ideal for workers like remodelers and general contractors who handle a wide variety of projects.
- Versatile Cutting Capabilities: With a 57-degree bevel capacity, this unit is great in a number of different settings. Even as work quarters and angles change, this tool is still useful.
- Durable Design: This saw is built to withstand the harsh conditions of an industrial work environment. It has a ToughCord system to reduce the chance of accidental disconnection, and a ball-bearing lower guard.
- Comfort-Focused Construction: This model is not only built to provide plenty of reliable use, but it is designed for comfort. It features an ergonomic handle and accentuated trigger for easy handling.
Overall, this is a great pick for anyone who is looking for the best circular saw that isn’t too bulky. It also comes with an extra saw blade and a handy carrying bag.
PORTER-CABLE PCE300 Heavy-Duty Saw
Rounding out the list for best circular saw candidates is a handy 15-amp motor version from PORTER-CABLE. The PCE300 is a versatile model, offering a design that lends to both efficiency and longevity.
- Steel-Shoe Design: With an optimum line of sight, this saw lets users enjoy accurate cuts every time.
- Spindle Lock: The lock offers users the best of both worlds in terms of quick adjustability and safety. Make changes on the fly, but feel confident in knowing your settings won’t change by accident.
- Lightweight Construction: Weighing in at under 10 pounds, this saw is easy to transport.
Another circular saw that is designed for heavy-duty use, this one proves that big power doesn’t have to mean bulky design.
Finding the Best Circular Saw: A Buyer’s Guide
While a person’s choice for the best circular saw will ultimately depend on their own budget and needs, there are a few things a buyer should look for.
These features include durable design, convenience features for easy use, and longevity. The models with tougher blades, laser guides, and more robust construction can almost always offer better performance.
Circular saws come in many forms, and buyers should consider any of the models and brands on this list before making a purchase.