You may love your carpet, but allergens, bacteria, dust, dirt, grime all love it too! Routinely cleaning the carpets doesn’t only keep your house germs-free, it leaves the carpets refreshingly soft and smelling as if they’re still new – especially when you have kids or pets at home.
Professional carpet cleaning can be an expensive option while the cost of buying a carpet cleaner has come down a lot recently – resulting in a recent trend for consumers to buy their own cleaners. However there is a myriad of carpet cleaners online, and it’s natural to get confused over which one to buy. To make it easier for you, we’ve done the research for you.
Have a look at the list of the best carpet cleaners in 2018 and choose the one that suits your requirements the most.
Manufactured for busy homeowners, Vax W90-RU-P is a carpet washer that uses its rotating brush bar to toss and lift entrenched dirt for deep cleaning.
Its specialized technology extracts the excess water on the spot and lets the carpet dry within a couple of hours. If you’re worried about the accidental spills, this carpet cleaner will suck all up. Plus, its 10-foot hose and a wash tool will make it accessible for you to easily clean the upholstery and stairs.
- Its user-friendly feature allows users to switch from one mode to another.
- It comprises of a handy hose that sucks up spills.
- It takes a couple of hours to dry the carpet.
- Since it doesn’t heat the water, you’ll have to add warm water.
- A few carpet fibers may get jammed inside the machine.
BISSELL SpotClean Pet PRO
Providing maximum portability, BISSELL SpotClean Pet PRO comes with necessary tools to clean various surfaces of carpets such as area rugs, auto interiors, upholstery, and stairs. Interestingly, you can clean each area of these surfaces with a specialized tool. For instance, the 6-inch brush tool will help you clean the area rugs and the stairs while the 3-inch brush tool is designed to help you clean stubborn spots.
Since it comes with 8-oz deep-cleaning formula, you don’t need to worry about making a cleaning formula on your own.
- With its twenty-two power cord with 5.7 amps rating and a hose length of 4 feet, it provides a long reach.
- Since it comes with all tools, it doesn’t require any assembly.
- Its automated feature requires an excessive amount of cleaning formula.
- The hose is delicate from the handle.
Rug Doctor 93306
If convenience and accessibility are the two important things you want in a carpet cleaner, it makes sense to know more about the features of Rug Doctor 93306. This spot cleaner has twice the suction power compared to its competing brands. This is how it sucks up even the older stains.
It’s powerfully motorized brush moves twelve-hundred times in a single minute. This way, it breaks downs stubborn stains and deep cleans even the smallest of carpet fibers. Its carpet-friendly wheels and retractable handle makes it a lightweight and handy cleaning tool.
- Besides cleaning carpets, its portability feature helps you clean even the soft surfaces such as couches, mattresses, car seats, and pet beds.
- It provides two separate cleaning formulas that are engineered to remove carpet odors.
- Its head offers a reliable scrubbing action.
- It leaves a few drops of dirty water on the surface. To avoid stains, you should place it on a towel instead of on the surface.
- Since the water tank is triangle-shaped, you need to carefully place it on the surface before filling it up.
Numatic George GVE370
If you’re looking for an all-in-one solution, Numatic George GVE370 is the answer. Whether you want to go for wet vacuuming, dry vacuuming, deep cleaning, or scrubbing, this carpet cleaner does it all.
It facilitates dry vacuuming by providing big filters, dust bags, and a floor nozzle. When you want to clean the surfaces by switching to its wet mode, it requires you to exchange the dry filter with a float valve, and there you go.
- Its motors are designed in a way that the machine provides lower sound levels along with improved performance.
- It comes with different nozzle attachments for fishtail nozzle, dual wet/scrub nozzle, and upholstery nozzle.
- It’s tricky to assemble all the parts.
- Since there are a lot of nozzle attachments, you need to store each one properly.
Known for its multifunctional cleaning capabilities, Vax 6131T doesn’t only vacuums carpets, it washes them too. With its suction quality, it sucks up all spills. Its large-capacity bag helps you save time as you don’t have to empty it frequently. Available with a variety of tools, it’s a durable choice for homeowners.
- It comes with easy-to-follow instructions
- Its long suction tube makes it a practical cleaner for stairs
- Even without having an extra attachment, it sucks up pet hair from the carpet fibres.
- You need to check if the hose doesn’t detach from the machine.
- Using it for longer durations makes it noisy.
BISSELL Cleanview Proheat
If you’re looking for optimal cleaning, a carpet cleaner equipped with inbuilt heater can be a sound choice. This is what makes BISSELL Cleanview Proheat different from other brands. To ensure maximum cleaning, the built-in heater continuously heats warm water.
By using Microban coating, its tank system is manufactured in a way that it reduces odours by keeping clean and dirty water separately.
- It’s equipped with 6 rows of power brushes that lift dirt
- It makes cleaning around furniture and against baseboards easier
- It comes with a removable nozzle so the clean-up and maintenance become easier.
- After using the cleaner, you’ll notice a slight dampness. To remove this from the carpet, you’ll need to open the window and let the fresh air dry it completely.
- The tank is smaller. You’ll need to refill it for every room.